Friday, May 1, 2015

That's All (for NaPo), Folks!

Whew...what a month. I've said it a couple of times, but this really feels like my strongest NaPoWriMo yet. I did a lot of new things, and I also did a lot of old things, but in stronger ways. A clerihew, 8 landay, 25 haiku...an abecedarian, a riddle...15 of the month's 30 poems were geek-oriented...this has just been a wildly-satisfying month. I'm excited for what the rest of the year holds, and I look forward to reading and writing much more great work.

Also, as promised, the Big Poetry Giveaway has ended and I, with the help of a random number generator, have picked my two winners. Drumroll please...

Allyson Whipple and Laurie Kolp! You two have won a book of poetry! Wahoo and huzzahs all around.

I want to thank everyone for visiting, for reading throughout the month, for entering, commenting, sharing...for spreading the love of poetry and making April the worldwide reading nook that it's become.

Here's to the rest of 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment