Today I felt like experimenting. So, what I came up with was writing a poem based on the following steps:
1. Pull 20 or so songs from a randomized playlist in iTunes.
2. Take the first lyrical line from each song.
3. Take each lyric, translate it into a language beginning with that lyric's first letter, and then translate that translation back into English.
4. Take the doubly-translated lines, and make something interesting out of them.
Frankly, I'm surprised with what I ended up with. Details about where each line originated from follow the poem.
Lost in Translation
There is a time to forget my face?
Best run. They come from all directions.
Twelve out: six…six…six.
I feel nothing.
Do you believe in heaven?
You never see as divine as
your arms around my neck.
No more night.
I have nothing but bad luck
as the seasons change.
Sixteen or seventeen, that's all I think you were.
Born to please every simple need
I came into this world as a reject,
a wave crashing down.
In the fog lies a ghost
come back to show his face.
I am a city.
The sisters are verified in the front row.
Come and dance, come and dance
1. Dogwood - 'Point Counterpoint'
2. Sinai Beach - 'Hell Blaze'
3. Dimmu Borgir: - 'Entrance'
4. Staind - 'Suffocate'
5. Zeromancer - 'Send Me an Angel'
6. The Verve Pipe - 'Myself'
7. Moonspell - 'The Hanged Man'
8. Type O Negative - 'Blood & Fire'
9. Cradle of Filth - 'Devil Woman'
10. Royal Anguish - 'Green Pastures Await'
11. Spacehog - 'Beautiful Girl'
12. Smashing Pumpkins - 'Set the Ray to Jerry'
13. Limp Bizkit - 'Nookie'
14. Alien Ant Farm - 'Stranded'
15. Bella Morte - 'Ember'
16. The Frames - 'Suffer in Silence'
17. Machines of Loving Grace - 'Golgotha Tenement Blues'
18. Rage Against the Machine - 'Year of tha Boomerang'
19. Steve Miller Band - 'Swingtown'