Monday, May 28, 2012

'Ars Golgothica: A Collection of Poems', Coming June 4

I know it's been quiet around here lately, but I promise you I've been toiling secretly behind the scenes. And here's the proof:


Yup. My first published collection of poetry, Ars Golgothica, is here and coming out June 4th.

I've been putting this together for several months, picking some of my best poetry for a book Christian at heart, but universal in body (and yes, that makes sense. I think.). It opens with the C.S. Lewis quote, "My eyes are not enough for me; I will see through those of others," and that is exactly what you can expect to get from the array of poems contained in Ars Golgothica.

If you've enjoyed any of what I've been turning out around here over the past couple NaPoWriMos, you'll want to get this book in hand. Quite a few of the poems I've shared here are included in Ars Golgothica, but at approximately 100 pages, there is plenty of fresh material to fill your literary bellies.

Leading up to the release, I'll be posting various promo videos and viral goodies, so don't go anywhere. Really. Just glue your face to the monitor now, 'cause you won't want to miss this stuff.

Oh, and for those who by now are ready to kick me for dropping a Latin/gibberish title like Ars Golgothica and not explaining it...tough typeface. No explanation for you.

But seriously, Ars Golgothica is a play on the poetic term ars poetica, which means 'art of poetry'. So, while referencing that poetic staple, Ars Golgothica means 'art of Golgotha and Gothicism'...a confluence of my two primary literary elements: Christianity and a dark romanticism.

Hopefully that served to whet your appetites and not send them fleeing for the hills.

So, Ars Golgothica...June 4th. Stick around.

No comments:

Post a Comment