Sunday, April 10, 2011

Writing for NaPoWriMo

NaPoWriMo (or National Poetry Writing Month) is the main impetus behind this whole blogging initiative of mine.

For those unfamiliar with the tradition, the challenge of NaPoWriMo is to write one poem for every day of the month of April. Now, I have been undertaking this challenge, but poems just don't seem to carry the credibility I'd prefer when simply posted on Facebook. So, to the "blogosphere" I went.

It may seem a bit of a rush, but I'll be catching up on the first week or so by posting the first 9 poems tonight, after which I'll be posting them here regularly.

My experience with writing this frequently tends to be similar to that of a Gold Rush enthusiast: a mixture of gold and dirt, but hopefully with more of the former than the latter.

Well, you'll let me know which one I'm full of, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment