Sunday, April 10, 2011

“Through me the way into the suffering city..."

“...Through me the way to the eternal pain...

Abandon every hope, ye who enter here.”

 

Of course I exaggerate. You can hold on to your hopes.


My poetry isn't that bad.


My name is Rodney, and I invite a lot of unfitting connotations by calling myself a poet, but I'll chance it. I love poetry, been writing it for over a decade, writing feverishly as if the muses are always cracking their quill-shaped whips behind me. 

 

You can expect a lot of that here: some (hopefully) witty allusions and literary illusions, prosaic explorations of the world and its many profundities...and if you couldn't tell by that last promise, a whole lot of potentially unfamiliar words, too. Dig out those dictionaries, dear reader.


All witticism aside, this is really just a place for me to vent and share my work. If you enjoy poetry, I would hope you'll enjoy what I have to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment